Before we, as business leaders, can build lasting relationships with our customers, we must first nurture internal relationships based on mutual respect and trust. While this is a gradual process, the benefits of collaborating as a team are seen immediately.
Courtesy of Rhonda R. Savage, D.D.S. (@rhondasavage), and HVACR Business, here are some tips to foster teamwork within your organization as you strive to facilitate accountability and build trust among your team.
- Define duties with teamwork in mind.
- Be clear with prospective employees during the interview process
- Define your expectations in an office policy manual
- Determine time commitments and plan adequately for each task
- Don’t overload your staff with too many commitments or too many interruptions
- Follow through by putting a note on your calendar to check on progress of tasks
- Avoid showing favoritism toward specific team members
- Encourage your team members to stand up and lead
- Open the lines of communication by having an open-door policy
- Ask your team members to fully support one another
For further explanation of these guidelines, visit HVACRBusiness.com.